Note: Pricing is for wired IP codec only. POTS, 3G Wireless and ISDN modules are sold separately.
Tieline Commander G3 IP codecs are amongst the world's most successful and widely used codecs for remote broadcasts, studio-to-transmitter links and audio contribution. The 2RU Commander features two balanced XLR inputs with both front and rear panel headphone outputs and mic inputs. It also has four front panel PPM meters that can display send, return or selected channel audio levels. The screen features real time link information and all controls are available at a touch of a button, or they can be locked out.
Free PC Control Software
2 FREE software packages are supplied with each Tieline Commander G3 rack-mount codec. The Tieline ToolBox PC software package provides the ability to configure your codec to suit each broadcast.
The TLG3 GUI software controller emulates the hardware front panel of the 2 RU Commander G3. It can be used to control 1RU or 2RU codecs using USB or RS-232 serial connections, or either local area networks or the Internet. This advanced software GUI can control all normal codec functions such as dialing, menu navigation, audio monitoring and level controls..
Digital AES/EBU Inputs = Unsurpassed Audio Quality
Commander G3 IP codecs offer a choice between analog or digital input modules - so now you can capture crystal clear digital audio and keep it in the digital domain using Tieline's AES/EBU input/output modules.
Redundancy through Automatic failover
This powerful software option provides automatic switching from one network to another in the event of a link failure. For example, if your IP link fails it can automatically switch to a backup POTS, ISDN or 3G link. This provides great peace of mind for studio-to-transmitter links and live remote broadcasts in particular.
Flexible Connections and Control
All Commander IP codecs feature serial, USB and LAN interfaces. Two GPIO relay control inputs and two outputs (expandable to 8 using the optional Tieline CAN8+8 relay box) offer a variety of internal audio matrix routing and external machine controls. Front panel hotkeys can be programmed to trigger relay and routing state changes, or external relay devices can be interfaced to trigger machine control at either end of your link. RS-232 or raw control data can also be sent via the codec serial port and delivered to the other end of your codec link for external machine control.
Commander G3 is still the only codec to enable control of remote codec audio inputs from the studio, so your announcers no longer have to worry about understanding correct audio input levels. You can control one remote audio input or gang all remote audio inputs to a single control in the studio.
Never before have so many powerful remote broadcast elements come together in one compact box. Contact Tieline now for a free demo and see what everyone else is talking about.
Broadcast LIVE from your iPhone!
Introducing Report-IT Live - the world's first iPhone® application that turns your iPhone into a bidirectional wireless IP codec and recorder. With the new Enterprise Edition, broadcast networks can centrally manage multiple Report-IT Live users from the studio. Reporters and remote talent can download the app for free, enter a username and password, and connect to a Tieline IP codec in the studio (like Commander G3) in seconds! Learn more »
- Two expansion slots which accept your choice of IP, 3G/3.5G, POTS/PSTN, ISDN, X.21, GSM and B-GAN satellite plug-in modules.
- A fully featured Graphic User Interface (GUI) for local programming and control of codecs.
- Your choice of analog or digital AES/EBU input/output modules.
- All Tieline codecs offer a suite of algorithms to suit all your live broadcasting requirements including Tieline's famous Music, MusicPLUS and Voice G3 algorithms - as well as industry standards such as G.711, G.722 and MPEG Layer II.
- Tieline's loss-tolerant MusicPLUS algorithm provides up to 20 kHz stereo audio quality with 20ms coding delay at bit rates as low as 96kbps - making it ideal for today's IP and 3G networks.
- Tieline Music can deliver up to 15 kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as 24kbps, with only 20 milliseconds encoding delay and 15kHz stereo at 64kbps.
- Tieline Voice G3 is optimized to deliver up to 7.5 kHz quality audio at bit-rates as low as 9.6 kbps.
A configurable 14 x 8 cross-point Digital Matrix Audio Router (DMR).
- Comprehensive and configurable communications facility with dedicated buttons for local and full-duplex studio-to-remote communications.
- Pre-configured and adjustable mono, stereo, mono/IFB and dual mono connection profiles.
- 3 input and 3 output digital mixing capability, including 2 balanced mic/line inputs, 1 unbalanced auxiliary in/out, and 2 balanced outputs.
- On-board relay and RS-232 control system for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- Full control of a remote codec's audio input levels from the studio.
- Free Tieline Toolbox PC software configuration and control software, offering configuration, audio routing and input control of your local and remote codec.
- Automatic connection failover.